MA 212 Calculus and Analytic Geometry III
S2FF 2006 FA
BS MathematicsMA Logistics ManagementMA Industrial Management
Fairchild AFB, WA
30 Minutes Prior to Class
509 276 9466
7:45 - 10:25 PM
Textbook: Larson, Hostetler, and Edwards. Calculus with Analytic Geometry. 8th edition. Boston Mass, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2002. Textbooks can be purchased though the MBS bookstore
Textbooks can be purchased though the MBS bookstore
Textbooks can be purchased though the Parkville Bookstore
Course Description: The algebra and calculus of vectors and vector functions, constant termed sequences and series, power series and convergence criteria. Prerequisite: MA211. 3:0:3
Educational Philosophy: Two graded examinations will be provided. The final will be comprehensive and both tests will cover assigned reading, homework and quizzes. Reviews will be conducted to assure that the student fully grasps areas which will be tested. The examinations will cover 95% of your grade while classroom participation will cover the other 5%.
Learning Outcomes: Core Learning Outcomes
Grading: : The final course grade will be determined using the following percentages:
Final Exam 47.5%
Mid Term Exam 47.5%
Class Participation 5.0%
GRADING SCALE: The following grading scale will be used:
A 90% or higher D 60% to 69.9%
B 80% to 89.9% F Below 60%
C 70% to 79.9%
Late Submission of Course Materials: : The student is responsible for submitting materials on time. All Exams will be completed as scheduled. If the student does not complete the Final Examination, the total class grade will be a F.
Classroom Rules of Conduct: Students are responsible for reading all assignments from the text. Assignments (problems from the text) will also be given throughout the term. Students are required to obtain information from other students regarding assignments made during absences.
Course Topic/Dates/Assignments: COURSE TOPICS/DATES/ASSIGNMENTS: The following reading assignments and examinations will be covered during the periods indicated. These assignments may vary or be altered to meet unforeseen situations such as Military commitments.
Date Chapter Topic
Mar 14, 16 Introduction
10 Conics, Parametric Equations, and Polar Coordinates
Mar 21, 23 11 Vectors and Geometry of Space
Mar 28, 30 12 Vector Valued Functions
Apr 4 10-12 Quiz Critique and Mid Term Review
Apr 6 10-12 Mid Term Examination
Apr 11, 13 10-12 Mid Term Examination Critique,
13 Functions of Special Variables
Apr 18, 20 14 Multiple Integration
Apr 25, 27 15 Vector Analysis
May 2 10-15 Quiz Critique and Mid Term Review
May 4 10-15 Final Examination
Academic Honesty:Academic integrity is the foundation of the academic community. Because each student has the primary responsibility for being academically honest, students are advised to read and understand all sections of this policy relating to standards of conduct and academic life. Park University 2005-2006 Undergraduate Catalog Page 85-87
Plagiarism:Plagiarism involves the use of quotations without quotation marks, the use of quotations without indication of the source, the use of another's idea without acknowledging the source, the submission of a paper, laboratory report, project, or class assignment (any portion of such) prepared by another person, or incorrect paraphrasing. Park University 2005-2006 Undergraduate Catalog Page 85-87
Attendance Policy:Instructors are required to maintain attendance records and to report absences via the online attendance reporting system.
Park University 2005-2006 Undergraduate Catalog Page 89
Disability Guidelines:Park University is committed to meeting the needs of all students that meet the criteria for special assistance. These guidelines are designed to supply directions to students concerning the information necessary to accomplish this goal. It is Park University's policy to comply fully with federal and state law, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, regarding students with disabilities. In the case of any inconsistency between these guidelines and federal and/or state law, the provisions of the law will apply. Park University is committed to meeting the needs of all learners that meet the criteria for special assistance. These guidelines are designed to supply directions to learners concerning the information necessary to accomplish this goal. It is Park University's policy to comply fully with federal and state law, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, regarding learners with disabilities and, to the extent of any inconsistency between these guidelines and federal and/or state law, the provisions of the law will apply. Additional information concerning Park University's policies and procedures related to disability can be found on the Park University web page: http://www.park.edu/disability .