MA 212 Calculus and Analytic Geom III
F1QQ 2008 HI
Klagge, Neil O.
Senior Adjunct Instructor
BA in Mathematics with Physics minorMA in Mathematics with Education minor
By appointment or via email
801-510-0158 (cell: leave a message)
18 August - 12 October, 2008
7:30 - 10:15 PM
MA 211 or equivalent
Calculus, 8th edition by Larson/Hostetler/Edwards. Houghton Mifflin, publishers. ISBN: 0-618-50298-X
This text covers all of Calculus I, II, and III
McAfee Memorial Library - Online information, links, electronic databases and the Online catalog. Contact the library for further assistance via email or at 800-270-4347.Career Counseling - The Career Development Center (CDC) provides services for all stages of career development. The mission of the CDC is to provide the career planning tools to ensure a lifetime of career success.Park Helpdesk - If you have forgotten your OPEN ID or Password, or need assistance with your PirateMail account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-927-3024Resources for Current Students - A great place to look for all kinds of information http://www.park.edu/Current/.
Educational Philosophy: I believe every student has the right to learn and to hear what is being said. Part of your grade includes your level of participation. "Participation" refers to attending and being attentive during class, as well as not distracting others. The participation grade is about 25% of the course grade and is affected by attendance if the absence is not made up as described elsewhere in this document. Also, chronic or unnecessary tardiness may affect your participation grade as well.
Learning Outcomes: Core Learning Outcomes
Class Assessment: Three graded examinations will be given. The exams will cover assigned reading, homework and quizzes. Reviews will be conducted to ensure students fully grasp the concepts that will be tested. The exams will cover 75% of the grade while classroom participation will cover the other 25%.
Late Submission of Course Materials: Late assignments must be approved by the instructor. All absences must be made up by HANDING IN the completed assignment as soon as possible after the absence. Work must be shown that indicates how each answer was obtained wherever possible. If extenuating circumstances arise, please make them known to the instructor so that he can work with you in your situation.
Classroom Rules of Conduct: Distractions that disrupt the flow of learning will affect your "participation" grade. If you need to have a conversation with someone, please take him or her out of the classroom and finish your conversation. All conversation in the classroom should relate directly to the topic being discussed. Your cooperation in this will be appreciated by all. The classroom will be free of sexual harassment. Unacceptable behaviors include unwelcome sexual advances, or sexually related or racially related jokes or comments.
Academic Honesty:Academic integrity is the foundation of the academic community. Because each student has the primary responsibility for being academically honest, students are advised to read and understand all sections of this policy relating to standards of conduct and academic life. Park University 2008-2009 Undergraduate Catalog Page 87
Plagiarism:Plagiarism involves the use of quotations without quotation marks, the use of quotations without indication of the source, the use of another's idea without acknowledging the source, the submission of a paper, laboratory report, project, or class assignment (any portion of such) prepared by another person, or incorrect paraphrasing. Park University 2008-2009 Undergraduate Catalog Page 87
Attendance Policy:Instructors are required to maintain attendance records and to report absences via the online attendance reporting system.
Park University 2008-2009 Undergraduate Catalog Page 89-90
Disability Guidelines:Park University is committed to meeting the needs of all students that meet the criteria for special assistance. These guidelines are designed to supply directions to students concerning the information necessary to accomplish this goal. It is Park University's policy to comply fully with federal and state law, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, regarding students with disabilities. In the case of any inconsistency between these guidelines and federal and/or state law, the provisions of the law will apply. Additional information concerning Park University's policies and procedures related to disability can be found on the Park University web page: http://www.park.edu/disability .
Last Updated:6/28/2008 12:46:47 PM