MA 211 Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
S1FF 2009 FA
BS MathematicsMA Logistics ManagementMA Industrial Management
Fairchild AFB, WA
30 Minutes Prior to class and 30 Minutes After class
509 276 9466
12 Jan - 8 Mar 2009
5:00 7:40 PM
Textbook: Larson, Hostetler, and Edwards. Calculus with Analytic Geometry. 8th edition. Boston Mass, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2002.
Textbooks can be purchased through the MBS bookstore
Textbooks can be purchased through the Parkville Bookstore
McAfee Memorial Library - Online information, links, electronic databases and the Online catalog. Contact the library for further assistance via email or at 800-270-4347.Career Counseling - The Career Development Center (CDC) provides services for all stages of career development. The mission of the CDC is to provide the career planning tools to ensure a lifetime of career success.Park Helpdesk - If you have forgotten your OPEN ID or Password, or need assistance with your PirateMail account, please email email@example.com or call 800-927-3024Resources for Current Students - A great place to look for all kinds of information http://www.park.edu/Current/.
Educational Philosophy: Two graded examinations will be provided. The final will be comprehensive and both tests will cover assigned reading, homework and quizzes. Reviews will be conducted to assure that the student fully grasps areas which will be tested. The examinations will cover basically 84% of your grade while classroom participation will cover the other 16%.
Learning Outcomes: Core Learning Outcomes
Class Assessment: The course will be assessed in accordance with the course objectives listed earlier. This includes participation and the mid term and final examination. Students who prepare for classes by doing the assigned homework and (no grade) quizzes, should do well in course assessment.
Late Submission of Course Materials: All Exams will be completed by the end of the class. If the final exam is not completed an F will be administered.
Classroom Rules of Conduct: Students are responsible for reading all assignments from the text. Assignments (problems from the text) will also be given throughout the term. Students are required to obtain information regarding assignments made during absences.
Academic Honesty:Academic integrity is the foundation of the academic community. Because each student has the primary responsibility for being academically honest, students are advised to read and understand all sections of this policy relating to standards of conduct and academic life. Park University 2008-2009 Undergraduate Catalog Page 87
Plagiarism:Plagiarism involves the use of quotations without quotation marks, the use of quotations without indication of the source, the use of another's idea without acknowledging the source, the submission of a paper, laboratory report, project, or class assignment (any portion of such) prepared by another person, or incorrect paraphrasing. Park University 2008-2009 Undergraduate Catalog Page 87
Attendance Policy:Instructors are required to maintain attendance records and to report absences via the online attendance reporting system.
Park University 2008-2009 Undergraduate Catalog Page 89-90
Disability Guidelines:Park University is committed to meeting the needs of all students that meet the criteria for special assistance. These guidelines are designed to supply directions to students concerning the information necessary to accomplish this goal. It is Park University's policy to comply fully with federal and state law, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, regarding students with disabilities. In the case of any inconsistency between these guidelines and federal and/or state law, the provisions of the law will apply. Additional information concerning Park University's policies and procedures related to disability can be found on the Park University web page: http://www.park.edu/disability .
Last Updated:12/12/2008 9:10:14 AM