GO 330 Paleobiology
SP 2008 HO
Associate Professor of Geology
MWF 9-10 TR 9-10
10:00 - 10:50 AM
Textbooks can be purchased through the Parkville Bookstore
McAfee Memorial Library - Online information, links, electronic databases and the Online catalog. Contact the library for further assistance via email or at 800-270-4347.Career Counseling - The Career Development Center (CDC) provides services for all stages of career development. The mission of the CDC is to provide the career planning tools to ensure a lifetime of career success.Park Helpdesk - If you have forgotten your OPEN ID or Password, or need assistance with your PirateMail account, please email email@example.com or call 800-927-3024Resources for Current Students - A great place to look for all kinds of information http://www.park.edu/Current/.
Learning Outcomes: Core Learning Outcomes
Portfolio: collection of 5
assignments. Each assignment is completely
or partially related to each of the core learning outcomes.
Link to Class RubricGrading:
Late Submission of Course Materials:
All assignments by the start of class. Homework turned in late will be counted off 10% per day, so you have 10 days to submit it before it becomes worth 0 Points. Students missing class due to participation in athletic or other school-sponsored events must turn in all homework PRIOR to their absence. Other exceptions: students who miss class due to an extended illness requiring hospitalization will be allowed to make up missed homework assignments.
Classroom Rules of Conduct:
CLASSROOM RULES OF CONDUCT:
· Wireless (cellular) phones and/or pagers must be either turned to the silent mode (vibrate only) or OFF in the classroom. If you do receive notice of an emergency call/page (while not taking the mid-term or final examination) quietly leave the classroom to make or receive a call in the hall or outside of the building. Talking on a phone during class is prohibited.
· Computers make writing and revising much easier and more productive. Learners must recognize though that technology can also cause problems. Printers run out of ink and hard drive crash. Learners must be responsible for planning ahead and meeting deadlines in spite of technology. Be sure to save copies of your work to disk, hard drive, and print out paper copies for backup purposes.
· Don’t show up late! If you do, DO IT QUIETLY!!
· Do not go to the bathroom every class period.
· Do not talk loudly to others during class.
· Do not ask me for my book or notes.
· Please do not ever feel like you can not talk to me. I get paid to help you!
GO 330/ BI 330 LECTURE SCHEDULE
Academic Honesty:Academic integrity is the foundation of the academic community. Because each student has the primary responsibility for being academically honest, students are advised to read and understand all sections of this policy relating to standards of conduct and academic life. Park University 2007-2008 Undergraduate Catalog Page 85-86
Plagiarism:Plagiarism involves the use of quotations without quotation marks, the use of quotations without indication of the source, the use of another's idea without acknowledging the source, the submission of a paper, laboratory report, project, or class assignment (any portion of such) prepared by another person, or incorrect paraphrasing. Park University 2007-2008 Undergraduate Catalog Page 85
Attendance Policy:Instructors are required to maintain attendance records and to report absences via the online attendance reporting system.
Park University 2007-2008 Undergraduate Catalog Page 87-88
Disability Guidelines:Park University is committed to meeting the needs of all students that meet the criteria for special assistance. These guidelines are designed to supply directions to students concerning the information necessary to accomplish this goal. It is Park University's policy to comply fully with federal and state law, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, regarding students with disabilities. In the case of any inconsistency between these guidelines and federal and/or state law, the provisions of the law will apply. Additional information concerning Park University's policies and procedures related to disability can be found on the Park University web page: http://www.park.edu/disability .
Last Updated:1/8/2008 3:08:14 PM